Press releases related to Family Voices of Alabama are displayed below.
- On November 13, 2012, Governor Bentley announced that Alabama will not set up state insurance exchange. To read the Governor's entire statement - click here. What the Kaiser Family Foundation says - click here.
- November 8: Bentley, other governors discuss looming health care exchange deadline blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/11/alabama_other_states_face_big.html
- 9 Nov. 12,
Panel looks at pros, cons of expanding Medicaid in light of Obama's re-election
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
For Immediate Release: August 29, 2012 Contact: Division of News & Electronic Media, Office of Communication (404) 639-3286
Children with neurologic disorders at high risk of death from flu
Neurologic disorders were reported in nearly two-thirds of pH1N1-associated pediatric deaths with an underlying medical condition. Because of the potential for severe outcomes, children with underlying neurologic disorders should receive influenza vaccine and be treated early and aggressively if they develop influenza-like illness. Press release emphasizes the importance of influenza vaccination to protect children with neurologic disorders. Read the CDC press release.
- Revised CPT book includes new codes for care coordination: The changes are intended to better capture the work physicians and others at medical practices do to manage patients with complex chronic conditions.
By Victoria Stagg Elliott, amednews staff. Posted Aug. 16, 2012.
The American Medical Association added codes to the CPT 2013 Professional Edition for care coordination that patients with complicated, ongoing health issues receive within a patient-centered medical home, accountable care organization or other novel medical service delivery model. The codes should be used for claims filed as of Jan. 1, 2013. Click here to view the entire article.
- The Supreme Court ruled the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is constitutional. Click here to view the Association of Maternal and Child Health Program statement. The Supreme Court’s decision essentially made optional the ACA’s Medicaid expansion, which was intended to cover all individuals under age 65 with incomes below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). As of June 29, Alabama's Gov. Robert Bentley (R) had not decided whether Alabama will opt out of the Medicaid expansion, according to Jennifer Ardis, Bentley’s press secretary, AP/CBS News reports. In a statement on his website, Bentley said, “I am deeply disappointed by today’s Supreme Court decision,” but he did not address the court’s ruling on the Medicaid expansion (AP/CBS News, 6/29; Bentley statement, 6/28). Read more at ahlalerts.com/2012/07/03/medicaid-where-each-state-stands-on-the-medicaid-expansion/
- Affordable Care Act Supports Families of Children with Special Health Care Needs - May 23, 2012 -
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius today announced $4.9 million in Affordable Care Act funding to support Family-to-Family Health Information Centers, primarily non-profit organizations run by and for families with children with special health care needs. Read more at www.hhs.gov/news/press/2012pres/05/20120523a.html
- Family Voices Statement on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - March 26, 2010 - Open the PDF file with the FV Statement
- Rotary Club of Mobile Establishes Dental Care Program for Special Needs
Children - www.southalabama.edu/ usahealthsystem/pressreleases/2009pr/062909.html
- Nutrition Services, Prevention Important in Nutrition Care for Special
Health Needs -
Monday, February 01, 2010 - www.eatright.org/Media/content.aspx?id=4294967985
- Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant, Title V of the Social
Security Act: How it works in Alabama see www.amchp.org/Advocacy/State%20Profiles/ Alabama%20State%20Profile%20FINAL%202009.pdf
- American Academy of Pediatrics has launched a new website. Visit it at
Back to Top
DISCLAIMER: Within this web site, there are links to "outside sites" which are not managed by the Family Voices of Alabama (FV of AL). FV of AL does not endorse nor recommend the information or products posted on these sites, and receives no payment or other consideration for providing these links.